Signs that You Need a New Louisville Air Conditioner
The last gasp of breath for an air conditioner tends to be that moment when the compressor outright dies. That’s a clear-cut case that a new AC installation is necessary and imminent; however, there are less-obvious symptoms that will leave you wondering whether to repair or replace your existing system. Look out for these red flags:
- Growing number of warm spots: As your AC unit ages, it drops in capacity. If you have warm spots in your house that never get cool and they seem to be getting bigger, then it might be time to consider a new AC.
- Obsolete AC Systems: Newer systems are more efficient, run more quietly, and have a ton of conveniences and amenities that older systems simply don’t have. However, one sure sign of obsolescence is if your system uses R-22 refrigerant, which is being phased out in favor of modern R-410a refrigerant.
- Increase in Repair Calls: If you’re frequently calling your local AC company for repairs, it probably means your system is on the verge of outright failure. These repairs may seem to be cheaper than replacing your system, but in the long run, replacement is going to be a more efficient and economical option.
- Rising Energy Bills & Increased Usage: A failing AC will have to work harder to keep your home cool; it may even run continuously (or short-cycle, if it wasn’t sized right in the first place). A new unit will cut your bills and the savings alone will eventually pay off your investment.
Shopping for a New Air Conditioner: What to Consider
Replacing an old unit with a new one can be a tough decision; often you’re doing it when your old unit has completely died, and your decision can feel pressured and rushed. However, many proactive buyers will get into the market before their AC dies on them. Ask your air conditioning installation contractor to answer these questions:
- How will my new AC system be designed for my home?
- Do you perform load calculations before installing?
- What is the SEER rating for a new AC system? Is that efficient?
- What other options are available to improve my family’s comfort and health, and system efficiency?
The Louisville Area’s Premier AC Installation Experts
At Elder Heating and Air, we take pride in every job we do, and we stand fully beside our work. Our installers take pride in doing the job right the first time. Call us today for an analysis of your existing unit and a free in-home AC installation estimate.
Louisville’s Best HVAC Contractor
Elder Heating and Air is your go-to HVAC provider. Our technicians are dependable, honest, respectful, and our team has 100+ years of combined experience. We care; we’ll lose a buck to take care of our customers, and we always stand behind our work. When you work with us, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Flat Rate Pricing & 24/7 Emergency Service
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Family Owned and Operated for 40+ years
- Sizable Truck Fleet
- Responsive, Attentive & Punctual Service Crews
- Affordable Service Rates & Exemplary Service
We’re a Trane Comfort Specialist, and we’ve proudly been serving Louisville, Jeffersontown, Middleton, St. Matthews, Shelbyville, Shepherdsville, La Grange, Taylorsville, Mount Washington and Fairdale, KY, and Clarksville and Jeffersonville, IN and the surrounding areas since 1972. Call us today!
We Proudly Serve the Greater Louisville Area Including the Following Cities and Neighborhoods
Call to Schedule an Appointment Today!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed